We were all (Pinot Palooza) virgins once too and we recognise that wide-eyed-where-do-I-start-look…
So let us take the fear out of the 100+ wines on offer, because where do you start and whatthehellhappenshere right?!
This is how it works:
We open the door to the VIP rockstars at 11am – this is the bit where we give a handful of people free reign and they run around pouring Pinot over their bare chests.
By 1pm, we ask them to stop wasting the Pinot and freaking out the winemakers and we open up the doors to everyone.
We know you can’t survive in this Pinot party without equipment (you’re no Bear Grylls) so we equip you with:
- 1 x Lanyard which is a handy 3pm reminder of where you are and why you came here.
- 1 x Wrist band, which is your pass in and out of this Pinot moshpit.
- 1 x crystal Plumm glass that’s valued at $35.00 – don’t let it out of your sight!
- 1 x booklet that gives you all the info you might need, the wines available, who’s in the room and where to find them, and even our snapchat code so you can send us filters of your face.
- 5-ish hours of tasting of wines. Tasting not a drinking, if you want to go the distance.
- Love a wine? Vote for it with the iPads we’ll be walking around with.
- Love it so much? Buy it! Spend over $250 with one wine producer and we’ll refund 50% of your ticket on the spot. Seriously.
But if you still need help, these 2 will sort you out:
ROADIE TOUR GUIDE
Some of the best sommeliers in the country are in the room and they’ll have this handy postcard in their pockets.
They’ll ask you about what type of wines you like and then direct you to 6 wineries you should try – your own personal ROADIE tour.
THERE’S ALWAYS THESE GUYS
Meet the Bottle Shop Concepts crew… When they’re not busy organising these festivals they’re busy imbibing in all things food and beverages (mostly alcoholic ones). If you’re feeling a bit lost or confused, memorise these faces. They’ll take you under their wing and make sure you have a great time.
Finally, go the full distance.
The Daylesford and Hepburn Mineral Springs Co. water is free and plentiful – keep it within our favourite 3 letters: RSA.